[chef] Chef best practice for multiple developers

  • From: "Keckler, Ray" < >
  • To: " " < >
  • Subject: [chef] Chef best practice for multiple developers
  • Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2013 13:50:47 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Okay so I installed a Chef server, A chef workstation and a chef node.

I am able to create  cookbook with a recipe and upload the results from the workstation to the server.  The server can then update the node.

Everything is good.

Only one question

How do multiple developers make, update and recipes?

I know about cvs, git and all that but what it the best practice with Chef?

Ray Keckler

Unix Administator | Acclaris, Inc. | c 813.9515160
Transforming consumer-driven healthcare and reimbursement offerings.

PRIVACY/CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail communication may contain private, confidential, or legally privileged information intended for the sole use of the designated and/or duly authorized recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient or have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by email to " title="blocked::mailto: mailto: "> or by telephone at 1-813-873-2020, and delete all copies of this e-mail, including all attachments, without reading them or saving them to your computer or any attached storage device. If you are the intended recipient, you will need to secure the contents conforming to all applicable state and/or federal requirements related to the privacy and confidentiality of such information, including the HIPAA Privacy guidelines.