[chef] RE: Modifying Windows Service Logon As

  • From: Adam Edwards < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] RE: Modifying Windows Service Logon As
  • Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2014 12:23:37 -0800

Kamil, I see you’ve opened a ticket on this: https://tickets.opscode.com/browse/CHEF-4921 so it can be triaged – thank you. the scenario is common enough that it seems like something that could go into the service resource in Chef itself.

Since there’s already an existing service resource and provider Kamil, you could try to reuse them in the short-term until Chef natively supports these the way you need, overriding the enable_service method of Chef::Provider::Service::Windows and adding attributes such as logon_as_user as you specified below.

Have you ever developed a lightweight resource provider before Kamil? If not, we can move over to chef-dev. These docs talk about what you can do to implement your own resource provider: http://docs.opscode.com/lwrp_custom_provider_ruby.html.

-Adam