[chef] Re: Using chef-server as Berkshelf source

  • From: Pete Cheslock < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Using chef-server as Berkshelf source
  • Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2014 23:44:47 -0500

One of our engineers wrote (and we subsequently open sourced [1]) a simple API endpoint for Berks 2x.  This allows us to use an organization on our enterprise chef server - but give an API endpoint for the Berksfile to point to so that there is no need to give any engineers keys to the chef server.

With Berks 3 - you will need to run an API [2] (or use api.berkshelf.com) anyway, so when berks 3.0 ships should be a minor change to your berksfile (if and when you do upgrade).