[chef] Re: Chef "iis_config" resource not working with "notifies"

  • From: Bryan Stenson < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Chef "iis_config" resource not working with "notifies"
  • Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2014 10:54:06 -0800

I seem to remember "puts" not working.

Try "Chef::Log.info 'foo here'" to write 'foo here' to your chef client logs...

On Wed, Jan 8, 2014 at 9:58 AM, Kapil Shardha < " target="_blank"> > wrote:

I have been writing a sample cookbook to evaluate new IIS LWRP and I notice that “iis_config” resource does not seem to execute notifies statement in it.

Here is how iis_config resource looks like in my cookbook:

Following are the resources it notifies:

On running chef-client on node, I expect to see “I have been called” in output but I don’t see it. Can someone confirm the behavior?

Thanks

-Kapil

This email and any accompanying documents may contain privileged or otherwise confidential information of, and/or is the property of Education Management Solutions, Inc. If you are not the intended recipient, please immediately advise the sender by reply email & delete the message & any attachments without using, copying or disclosing the contents. Thank you.