[chef] Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Chef "iis_config" resource not working with "notifies"

  • From: George Miranda < >
  • To: " " < >
  • Subject: [chef] Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Chef "iis_config" resource not working with "notifies"
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2014 10:02:25 -0800

Re-posting

On Jan 9, 2014, at 9:49 AM, George Miranda < "> > wrote:

Hey Kapil,

By default, any resource included in the core Chef framework should be idempotent.  The exception to that is any ‘execute’ or ‘script’ resource which may run arbitrary commands (therefore, we can’t ensure it is idempotent).  Any add-on resources (LWRPs, HWRPs, etc) may or may not be idempotent depending on how they’re written.  If they’re not idempotent, it’s probably a bug and you should file one with the maintainer of the resource.

In the case of the iis_site resource, there’s currently an open bug[1] where this resource is unable to modify already existing sites even if some of the config parameters are not configured correctly.  Perhaps this is why your notification didn’t fire?

HTH,
-g