[chef] using ip address for chef_server_url on /etc/chef/client.rb

  • From: Santhosh < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] using ip address for chef_server_url on /etc/chef/client.rb
  • Date: Sat, 01 Mar 2014 01:00:25 +0530

Hi, Using a hostname in etc/chef/client.rb for chef_server_url is not an option for me, Hence I'm forced to use a ip address for my chef server. Firstly , is this even allowed.?

Second, at some point the chef-client tries to reverse lookup the ip address and tries to find the hostname(The DNS will return NXDOMAIN) and is not working.

Can someone help me out.?

Santhosh