[chef] Re: Ruby 2.0 / Bundler issues on Windows

  • From: Lamont Granquist < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Ruby 2.0 / Bundler issues on Windows
  • Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2014 09:51:46 -0700

On 3/21/14 3:43 AM, Torben Knerr wrote:
" type="cite">
Btw: Vagrant changed to Ruby 2.0 a while ago, I suspect Omnibus will soon ship with Ruby 2.0 too?

ChefDK is being built with Ruby 2.1.1 right now.  Chef 12 will also ship with whatever is latest, modulo any issues that crop up on windows, etc.

So far we haven't found anything hard requirements driving us to ruby >= 2.0, but with the major version bump we'll take the opportunity to bump the ruby to the latest version that makes sense.

Right now we suggest using the Ruby 1.9 that comes in the MSI rather than trying to do the work yourself.