[chef] Updating a template

  • From: Kenneth Barry < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Updating a template
  • Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2014 11:27:46 -0700

So, I went thru the rigors of trying to modify a template file this morning.

I made a change to a template file. dollowed by a "knife cookbook upload [cookbooknamehere]

chef-client on the node,

the old template was taking effect

so i then deleted the cache of all cookbooks ont he node,

same problem,

i getn deleted the cache on the node, and the cookbook (ALL VERSIONS) from the chef server, Changed the version of the cookbook, then uploaded again,

same problem

infact When I did knife cookbook download, it downloaded the cookbook with the told template file.

My solution, (once I had decided that punching my screen wouldnt actually hurt the chef server), was to rename my template file, and change the name in my template resource, and upload.

What I didnt do, was effectively delete what ever kinda cache there is on the chef server, i don't know if its even possible.

Please tell me i'm retarded, and that i just need to add a "--stop-the-pain" at the end of the cookbook upload command.......