[chef] Re: Updating a template

  • From: "John E. Vincent (lusis)" < >
  • To: " " < >
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Updating a template
  • Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2014 10:15:35 -0400

This happened to me just the other day.

I spent an hour on it before a coworker pointed out that I had a different cookbook path in my knife.rb (in ~/.chef) than then cookbook I was editing.

How'd I get to that point? I had cloned my repo into a new location to do some comparisons and didn't realize I had it in an old location.

On your workstation where you use knife. I wrote this script you can use to check: https://gist.github.com/danielsdeleo/9794820

--
Daniel DeLeo