[chef] Re: Automated test-kitchen runs?

  • From: Christopher Armstrong < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Automated test-kitchen runs?
  • Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2014 16:19:00 -0700

There was a thread on this last August, but nothing concrete: http://lists.opscode.com/sympa/arc/chef/2013-08/msg00069.html

On Thu, Mar 27, 2014 at 4:18 PM, Christopher Armstrong < " target="_blank"> > wrote:
Ohai Chefs,

We have rubocop and foodcritic configured to run on Travis CI to automatically check our pull requests, which is awesome. I verify each build with test-kitchen before I cut a new cookbook release, but this is getting very time consuming to run manually each time. For the java cookbook, testing different java versions on various platforms results in a ton of individual runs. I'd love to set up a system to automatically run test-kitchen and then give me the red/green light.

Has anyone tried doing this and could recommend some tools/workflows?

Thanks,

Chris