[chef] Re: Re: Recommended Chef book(s)?

  • From: Izz Abdullah < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: Recommended Chef book(s)?
  • Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2014 09:13:04 -0500

Good deal.  Thanks for the links!

Izz Abdullah
Systems Engineer
">

" type="cite">
We have been lagging a bit on this, but O'Reilly will be publishing
two books this year on Chef:

* Learning Chef, by Chef Inc.'s own Mischa Taylor & Seth Vargo -
http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920032397.do
* Customizing Chef, by Etsy's Jon Cowie -
http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920032984.do

There are early-access versions of these books that you can look at.

Another book I would recommend that IS released is Stephen
Nelson-Smith's "Test Driven Infrastructure with Chef, 2nd Edition" -
http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920030973.do

regards
Julian

P.S. I am not sure what the acronym "CIAC" means?

On Thu, Apr 3, 2014 at 2:01 AM, Izz Abdullah

 "><
 > wrote:
We are bringing up our first local chef server and bootstrapping all of our
servers (95% Linux) with the chef-client across all three of our
environments (Development, Staging / QA, and Production.  We have access to
many chef resources online including the CIAC, but I am trying to find a
physical book which is as comprehensive as one can expect from such a vast
technology,

Does anyone have any recommendations on a good Chef book?

Thanks,
Izz