[chef] Still having a problem with Ohai plugins after upgrading to 7.0.2

  • From: Eric Herot < >
  • To: " " < >
  • Subject: [chef] Still having a problem with Ohai plugins after upgrading to 7.0.2
  • Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2014 14:20:43 -0700

Hey Chefs,

I’m posting this here hoping to find out if it’s just me. I noticed that upgrading to Chef 11.12.0 caused this problem to crop up:

   Ohai::Exceptions::AttributeNotFound
   -----------------------------------
   No such attribute: ‘passwd'

   Resource Declaration:
   # In /tmp/kitchen/cache/cookbooks/et_users/recipes/reloadohai.rb

     1: ohai 'reload' do
     2:   action :nothing
     3:   plugin 'passwd'
     4: end

This was supposedly fixed in Chef 11.12.2/Ohai 7.0.2 (in response to OHAI–562) however I am still encountering this issue in the new version with this particular plugin, and constraining my test environment to Chef 11.10.4 seems to make the issue go away.

Can anyone tell me if this is the same issue discussed in OHAI–562 or if they are also still having this issue on the latest version of Chef?

– Eric

PS. #ChefConf2014 ftw!