[chef] Getting CookbookVersion at runtime

  • From: Tucker < >
  • To: " " < >
  • Subject: [chef] Getting CookbookVersion at runtime
  • Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2014 13:29:04 -0700

Obligatory first line greeting that is apparently acceptable to ignore-

I have a need to determine a Chef cookbook version at runtime, so I can compare it with a local file but I haven't found the secret sauce to make that work.  Since I've run out of time that I can work on it until later today or tomorrow, I thought I'd put this out to the community.  I thought there was something I could do with Chef::CookbookVersion but now I think that's off track.

I have a hacky way that uses file system paths but that makes me kinda sad to use.

--

--tucker