[chef] Re: Re: Re: Getting CookbookVersion at runtime

  • From: Ranjib Dey < >
  • To: " " < >
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: Re: Getting CookbookVersion at runtime
  • Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2014 14:38:19 -0700

pretty long i think. the handler uses the same api. cookbook_name and recipe_name are two attribute present in any chef recipe, and automatically populated with the current name while run_context is the central object that ties together everything(including the cookbook collection) and available from node,, recipe etc.

given we are inside the current recipe, it assumes that the current recipe is already loaded and available in resource collection, i.e. node.run_context.cookbook_collection[cookbook_name] is not nil. this will fail with chef-apply but should be safe within chef-solo or client runs