[chef] Re: RE: Re: Setting up new accounts *without* building home directories

  • From: Roman Kushnir < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: RE: Re: Setting up new accounts *without* building home directories
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2014 13:34:52 +0300

From what I see in the code, to disable home dir you can just set {home: "/dev/null"}

Best Regards,
Roman

On further review,  can see that the current but the 'users' cookbook is enforcing such settings. I don't see how to prevent it yet.

It's also pretty insistent on creating a $HOME/.ssh directory, even if no SSH settings arep provided. I can submit a patch for that more easily.

--
Nico Kadel-Garcia
Senior Systems Consultant