[chef] Re: Partial Convergence Support

  • From: Noah Kantrowitz < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Partial Convergence Support
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2014 16:08:22 -0700

It should exit with a non zero code if there is an error, what are you trying to accomplish!

On June 23, 2014 3:59:17 PM PDT, Greg Zapp < > wrote:
Hello,

Is anyone aware of a handler, or a technique in use, for indicating that Chef has not successfully converged the node?

I'm considering writing a custom handler that will check an "unfinished" flag and either kill chef with a custom exit code( :| ) or write something to stdout that I can look for.

Cheers,
   -Greg