[chef] Re: Re: multiple chef servers sharing one postgresql db

  • From: Daniel Gutierrez < >
  • To: " " < >
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: multiple chef servers sharing one postgresql db
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2014 16:44:54 -0700

Thanks Noah,

How about one copy of chef-server on a NAS/SAN mounted volume
but booted on 3 different servers? Have you seen this kind of config
before? Any locking issues, etc..

Thanks again,

Daniel Gutierrez

On Tuesday, June 24, 2014 4:15 PM, Noah Kantrowitz < > wrote:

Hmm, you mean different DBs on a single Postgres cluster or the same actual DB? The latter won't work unless you also sync the bookshelf data and that might be tricky across a WAN. Using something like WAL-E for async replication might be more amenable to that kind of setup.

--Noah