[chef] knife-vsphere: unable to get attributes from knife.rb

  • From: Shanker Jadapa < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] knife-vsphere: unable to get attributes from knife.rb
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2014 17:05:15 +0530

Chefs,

I have configured basic attributes like vpshere_host, vpshere_user.
when i run the  the following command to get the list of VM's,  I am getting an error message.

Error Message:

 knife vsphere vm list -VV
WARN: Unresolved specs during Gem::Specification.reset:
      ffi (>= 1.0.1)
WARN: Clearing out unresolved specs.
Please report a bug if this causes problems.
DEBUG: value for config item vsphere_host:
DEBUG: value for config item vshere_path:
DEBUG: value for config item vsphere_port: 443
DEBUG: value for config item vsphere_nossl:
DEBUG: value for config item vsphere_user:
DEBUG: value for config item vsphere_pass:
DEBUG: value for config item vsphere_insecure:
DEBUG: value for config item proxy_host:
DEBUG: value for config item proxy_port:

Can someone help me in resolving this issue.

- Shankar

  • [chef] knife-vsphere: unable to get attributes from knife.rb, Shanker Jadapa, 06/27/2014