[chef] Re: Re: Re: Writing a Start Handler

  • From: Ranjib Dey < >
  • To: " " < >
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: Re: Writing a Start Handler
  • Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2014 10:22:21 -0700

by chef itself, generally. chef_handler cookbook provides a nifty lwrp to do this as well. one pattern i have seen is to drop the file using cookbook_file during compile time, followed by chef_handler lwrp invocation (which will reconfigure chef internally). Its not a clean solution.

I prefer to break down node provisioning in stages (lvm, chef client configs, chef_gems in one , rest of the stuff in another).

cheers
ranjib