[chef] Re: Database Secrets

  • From: Marco Betti < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Database Secrets
  • Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2014 07:09:44 +0200

Hi,

we store encryption secret file within separate git repos (one different repo for each environment cookbook it refers to) with very restricted access despite to each environment cookbook chef repo that contains encrypted data bag items only.
In this way we don'let cookbooks to generate random passwords out of our control, but we decide our passwords rules and change policies.

Regards,
Marco