[chef] Re: Re: Re: Database Secrets

  • From: Bryan Berry < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: Re: Database Secrets
  • Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2014 21:26:58 +0200

I have thought a lot about this problem and it really requires using a stateful orchestration server to store the secerets and arbitrate access to them. Why the orchestration server? Because the orchestration server can verify the identity of your instances, encrypt the secrets using instance specific creds, and can remove access for instances that have been destroyed. Sadly I am not aware of an open source tool that currently does this.