[chef] Re: Re: Enforce certain recipe in run_list

  • From: Scott Hain < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: Enforce certain recipe in run_list
  • Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2014 10:12:05 -0700

I'm not sure if this will fit your use case exactly, but during the bootstrap itself you can specific a specific run list with a json file using knife bootstrap with the -j flag as documented here: http://docs.getchef.com/install_bootstrap.html

If you are looking for 'extra' recipes not on the runlist, Noah is correct.

On Wed, Sep 24, 2014 at 10:08 AM, Noah Kantrowitz < " target="_blank"> > wrote:
No, this is not a feature available in Chef. You can rig it up in any number of ways (cron job that adds a specific role, build scripts to enforce it, etc) but Chef itself will not.

--Noah

--

Scott Hain — Software Development Engineer

360.360.7433 – " target="_blank">  – my: Linkedin  Twitter

CHEF

GETCHEF.COM

TM

getchef.com   Blog   Facebook   Twitter   Youtube