[chef] migrating from chef 11 to chef 12 server

  • From: Bethany Erskine < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] migrating from chef 11 to chef 12 server
  • Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2014 11:08:37 -0400

Is doing a full export of the data (using knife backup) from one server running open source Chef Server 11 then importing the data into a new instance running a fresh install of Chef Server 12 a supported upgrade path? I've reviewed the docs here, but if possible, I would prefer to start fresh with a new instance of chef server rather than upgrading the existing one in place.

thanks,
Bethany
--
Bethany Erskine