[chef] Re: Re: chef-metal and security groups

  • From: Douglas Garstang < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: chef-metal and security groups
  • Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2014 15:54:39 -0700

Thanks John!

On Wed, Oct 15, 2014 at 12:53 PM, John Ewart < " target="_blank"> > wrote:
That's on the roadmap for the chef-metal-aws driver and resources, yes; along with as many of the other AWS things we can manage via an API.

-John

On Wed, Oct 15, 2014 at 11:03 AM, Douglas Garstang < " target="_blank"> > wrote:
Can I provision EC2 security groups with chef-metal? Seems like it might be a nice idea. You certainly don't want to provision security groups from chef on a running instance due to security issues, and since chef-metal is designed to start clusters of machines, it follows that it should also create the security groups that those instances need to talk to each other.

Doug

--
Regards,

Douglas Garstang