[chef] Re: Windows system standard program for unzip-ing archives?

  • From: "Dylan K. Grafmyre" < >
  • To: " " < >
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Windows system standard program for unzip-ing archives?
  • Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2014 06:30:20 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Use the DSC Archive. However, You need Powershell 4.0 installed on the boxes to use the dsc_script resource which will work on 2008/2012

The last example shows the code for using Archive via dsc_script. https://docs.getchef.com/resource_dsc_script.html

You will need another option for Windows 2003 servers.

Aloha,
Dylan