[chef] Re: Tomcat Cookbook and Oracle JDK

  • From: Eric Helgeson < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Tomcat Cookbook and Oracle JDK
  • Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2014 21:06:40 +0000

Yep, you can, take a look at the examples in the readme - https://github.com/agileorbit-cookbooks/java/#examples

Just override some attributes and it will install that version.

Also be sure to mirror the oracle binary locally in production, as downloading directly can be troublesome at timesĀ https://github.com/agileorbit-cookbooks/java#production-deployment-with-oracle-java

-Eric

On Wed Dec 10 2014 at 2:32:05 PM Douglas Garstang < "> > wrote:
I was taking a look at the tomcat cookbook for chef, https://github.com/opscode-cookbooks/tomcat.

It installs the OpenJDK. It doesn't seem to have a facility to change that to the Oracle JDK. I look a look inside the tomcat recipe and yep, it's got:

include_recipe "java"

The java cookbook can install the Oracle JDK, but the defaut installs the OpenJDK. Is there a way I can override this without modifying the java or tomcat cookbooks?

Doug