[chef] Re: Re: Tomcat Cookbook and Oracle JDK

  • From: Douglas Garstang < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: Tomcat Cookbook and Oracle JDK
  • Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2014 15:10:13 -0800

Well, this is weird.

Someone else replied before Eric and now that reply has disappeared. His suggestion, well I was going to follow it, and it's gone poof. Where did it go?

I'm confused. The java cookbook in one place says if you want the oracle java to include the 'oracle' recipe. Further down, it says to use attributes. Which is it?

It's also not clear now, and never has been, if setting default['java']['install_flavor'] = 'oracle' in my wrapper cookbook will have an effect on a cookbook two levels away in the stack. Ie if I have A -> B -> C and cookbook A has default['java']['install_flavor'] = 'oracle'... will that affect how cookbook B operates?

Doug.