[chef] Re: Simple Chef Client Status Dashboard / HUD

  • From: Ranjib Dey < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Simple Chef Client Status Dashboard / HUD
  • Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2014 05:20:25 -0800

If you are using any monitoring system, you can publish chef run details their and build the dashboard as part of the monitoring solution. Statsd / graphite are popular. Chef report/exception handlers can do the plumbing for you. We use datadog for monitoring, and our chef run dashboard resides there.
Chef now has reporting module as well(paid version), which does same (lot more actually) thing