[chef] reg chef dependency package

  • From: Indra k < >
  • To: " " < >
  • Subject: [chef] reg chef dependency package
  • Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2014 11:46:22 +0000 (UTC)
  • Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s2048; d=yahoo.com; b=mcfxXX6uwIuz21H4mr965Lcolj8pW0Lx+zv0/3dwVZq7X6NuoCuDYwQRTECIDWrRT0AV/LBqMNcLnBtDspVGgzrhDhFImDnq7RUq8fq5qVrEwgqeDM1V1DhJ4oMUaI8Zi+sigdHOV+NrbmGSSrj4rqCB5SByE9PUx8Mfoa4znjUjthBewHizMBOUTzJpf/Tn96VH6bR42fnOTLTM5YnlTYYltOgIZAPjK7ygwNDnVDrH2oOAWpbuiO207/2QFK8OWRlcvRE+V0iw/oT7Q76ILh3/yZ4Yh3Xs2qLJBjmLGaO5gbYzMgYNJd4RJL7dlUEt59RGIaMvPLdCXIdEdiX9yw==;

Hi all,

         I have installing kaltura package through cookbook ,I need mysql and nfs server package  for db configuration of that kaltura,

    IN metadata.rb of that cookbook,its like this

suggests 'nfs'
suggests 'mysql'

I have modify in that cookbook as,since i need to install kaltura alone,by default it will install dependencies when we give like this:
depends 'mysql'
depends 'nfs'
depends 'ntp'

suggests 'nfs'
suggests 'mysql'

Then in recipe of  kaltura cookbook also there is:

package "mysql-server" do
    action :install
end
execute "configure kaltura-mysqlsettings " do
    command "/opt/kaltura/bin/kaltura-mysql-settings.sh"
end

 Now when i run kaltura cookbook,by passing mysql attributes in json file for mysql cookbook,It runs  kaltura and not installing a server package after executing mysql-server package of kaltura cookbook resource ,it gets install and set password by default "admin123"

If it runs depends means it didnot install mysql-server package and didnot override password ?
Can anyone have idea?

Thanks& regards,
Indu k

  • [chef] reg chef dependency package, Indra k, 12/25/2014