[chef] Re: reg chef dependency package

  • From: Tensibai Zhaoying < >
  • To: Indra k < >
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: reg chef dependency package
  • Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2014 16:19:10 +0100

First, please try to understand previous answers.

For this specific case adding depends will not run any recipe automatically.
You have to add include_recipe calls in your recipe to call them.

If I remember correctly you have to add
Include_recipe 'mysql::server'
Include_recipe 'nfs'

With cookbook::recipe you call this recipe specifically, without a recipe (nfs in my exemple) chef will call the default recipe for this cookbook.

Once again, you're struggling for a while with this, Icon understand it's not easy, but you show no efforts on research and never talk about your search try. It is looking like you're waiting professional support for free and it's a little offensive for peoples on this list.