[chef] read only access to chef server

  • From: Koert Kuipers < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] read only access to chef server
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2015 23:39:44 -0500

hello!
we recently put a berks-api in front our chef server so that it can be our central repository for cookbooks. its working nicely.

but since Berkshelf files now reference our "inhouse supermarket" instead of git and/or path locations, it also means a lot more people need access to our chef server. for example anyone that does kitchen testing. but i dont want all those people to be able to upload or modify things in the chef-server. so how can i give them read only access? we are in chef server 11.

best, koert