[chef] Re: Multi-node chef run orchestration

  • From: Ranjib Dey < >
  • To: " " < >
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Multi-node chef run orchestration
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2015 08:59:16 -0800

As noah said, vanilla chef wont do this, you can use any of the orchestration tools. We wrote blender[1,2,3] for the same, you can use it either with ssh or serf based drivers, and can control the order of chef run execution either from a central controller node, or by events (like chef run in node1 drops a serf event, and a serf handler in node2 respond to that event and triggers another chef run).

regards
ranjib

[1]https://github.com/PagerDuty/blender