[chef] Re: How to configure this cookbook (sensu/uchiwa)?

  • From: Taylor Price < >
  • To: " " < >
  • Subject: [chef] Re: How to configure this cookbook (sensu/uchiwa)?
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2015 22:23:16 -0700

You would pass these as node attributes -

http://docs.vagrantup.com/v2/provisioning/chef_common.html

You can specify these as json in your vagrantfile.
It would look something like this:

chef.json = {
'uchiwa': {
  'login': 'your_admin',
  'password': 'your_password'
}
}

On Jan 30, 2015, at 9:50 PM, Anthony Kong < "> > wrote:

Hi all,

From what I can see, the default values of this cookbook is defined here: https://github.com/sensu/uchiwa-chef/blob/master/attributes/default.rb

I want to know what is the easiest way to set these settings? I basically just want to override the login and password, so I am redundant to create a cookbook just for it (But of course if it is the only way I am happy to do it) .

Can I specify these properies via a databag? I read the default file and it does not look like it uses any data bag.

My ideal solution is to be able to set the login and password in the Vagrant file via chef-zero. e.g.

add_recipe 'uchiwa'
uchiwa.login = 'admin'
uchiwa.password = 'password'

I am sorry for throwing this question to the list but there is not much info in uchiwa-chef project and I am really new to the chef technology

Thanks, Tony