[chef] Re: Chef support for arm?

  • From: Ranjib Dey < >
  • To: " " < >
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Chef support for arm?
  • Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2015 23:55:14 -0800

Chef bootstrap uses platform based installation logic for omnibus installers, which is not available for arm. But chef works fine on arm. You have to install it just like any other ruby gem. I am using it mostly with 2.1.0 and chef 12, on raspbian and ubuntu (trusty). So these combinations works for sure.