[chef] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Chef Client 12.1.0 Released

  • From: Lamont Granquist < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Chef Client 12.1.0 Released
  • Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2015 09:23:24 -0800

For a chef specific piece of code like that which is only designed to mangle the chef resource collection, there's zero benefit to rubygems because there's no utility outside of chef, so distribution via libraries in cookbooks is a much better solution (using the tool for the job).  For gems like nokogiri it obviously makes sense to have those as gems, but in those use cases you're much more likely to be able to wrap the use of that gem in a provider.