[chef] [announcemnet] GoatOS:: Fully automated CI to build and test chef infrastructure

  • From: Ranjib Dey < >
  • To: " " < >
  • Subject: [chef] [announcemnet] GoatOS:: Fully automated CI to build and test chef infrastructure
  • Date: Sat, 7 Mar 2015 21:38:31 -0800

Hi all,
I am happy to announce an opensource project GoatOS. It provides fully automated CI/CD setup[1], with agents capable of running unprivileged LXC containers. These are full blown system containers (running init, cron etc), unlike docker's app container (which requires process supervision, runs as privileged mode etc), running  as normal, nono-root user. It also uses blender, a modular orchestration framework to run tasks against a set of container or agents.

Together, these technologies allows creating arbitrary artifact (like debs, rpms. container images) and publishing them. I have setup a full blown build pipeline that tests chef, builds omnibus installers, and then use it to test community couple of community cookbooks.

I'll be more than happy to get some feedback on this. Currently the whole stack is tested against ubuntu 14.04 servers.

regards
ranjib

[1]https://github.com/GoatOS/GoatOS