[chef] Re: build omnibus-chef in dedicated dir

  • From: 손경배 < >
  • To:
  • Cc: Chef < >
  • Subject: [chef] Re: build omnibus-chef in dedicated dir
  • Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2015 12:14:17 +0900

페00__00__000

On Nov 20, 2014 12:58 AM, "Vasiliy Tolstov" < "> > wrote:
Hello. As i know omnibus-chef have hardcoded paths like /opt/chef/xxx
that not very good.
If i send patches for omnibus, omnibus-chef, omnibus-software to get
abilit to run something like:

cd omnibus-chef
BUNDLE_PATH=.bundle bundle install --without development
BUNDLE_PATH=.bundle bundle exec omnibus build chef -l debug -o
base_dir:./local dest_dir:./local/output

and get in local/output fully working chef that can be dropped to
/opt/ and run without problems, does this acceptable by upstream?
Also if user does not override dest_dir its by fault have value / that
mean that current behaviour works fine.
What do you think?
P.S. I'm need this to properly create archive with chef for my distro.

--
Vasiliy Tolstov,
e-mail: ">

  • [chef] Re: build omnibus-chef in dedicated dir, 손경배, 03/26/2015