[chef] Re: Re: Chef Client 12.2.0 Released

  • From: Jay Mundrawala < >
  • To:
  • Cc: " " < >
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: Chef Client 12.2.0 Released
  • Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2015 17:35:12 -0700

Chef 12.2.0 has been yanked from omnitruck and rubygems. We are now working on building Chef Client 12.2.1 that includes the fix for #3153.

On Fri, Mar 27, 2015 at 5:18 PM, Jay Mundrawala < " target="_blank"> > wrote:
Hi all,
Chef 12.2.0 has a regression that will prevent you from running chef-client in situations where the HOME environment variable is unset. This will likely break anybody running chef-client as a service. We are currently working on getting a release out. For now, if you are running chef-client as a service, it's probably best to wait for 12.2.1 before upgrading.

The issue is tracked on GitHub at https://github.com/chef/chef/issues/3153