[chef] Kitchen-Docker Much Slower than Kitchen-Vagrant

  • From: Jimmy Huang < >
  • To: " " < >
  • Subject: [chef] Kitchen-Docker Much Slower than Kitchen-Vagrant
  • Date: Sat, 4 Apr 2015 07:47:11 -0700

Hi,

I am trying out kitchen-docker as a replacement for kitchen-vagrant, hoping to speed up my integration tests.  Unfortunately, the tests take ten times as long to run with kitchen-docker compared to kitchen vagrant.  I am on test-kitchen 1.3.1 and kitchen-docker 1.7.0.  Below is my .kitchen.yml.  I used Boot2Docker to install Docker and Vagrant on my machine.  Thank you for your help.

Jimmy

---
driver:
name: docker

provisioner:
name: chef_zero
data_bags_path: test/fixtures/data_bags
environments_path: test/fixtures/environments

platforms:
- name: ubuntu-14.04
driver_config:
image: ubuntu:14.04