[chef] Re: Re: Re: knife bootstrap windows winrm - timeout.

  • From: "Steven Murawski" < >
  • To: "" < >
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: Re: knife bootstrap windows winrm - timeout.
  • Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2015 10:21:33 -0500

Hey Steve,

Just FYI, if you are using knife bootstrap windows ...., you are using knife-windows (that capability isn't in core Chef yet).

Anyway, as you noticed with the AllowUnencrypted setting, that is due to the fact that we are missing libraries for Linux and Mac that can do Windows negotiate authentication.  We've got work in progress (mostly from Bryan's team) to make that configuration and security story much better/easier, but for the time being we are stuck with that.

Steve

Steven Murawski
Community Software Development Engineer @ Chef
Microsoft MVP - PowerShell