[chef] Re: Re: "Users" community cookbook and chef-zero

  • From: Charlie Mordant < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: "Users" community cookbook and chef-zero
  • Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2015 09:45:09 +0200

Hi Ranjib,

I'm using Chef zero with Vagrant as explained in the Vagrant doc, I think that it starts an in mem chef zero server before starting the VM.
I'm also using Berks to retreive my dependencies, so if I could avoid to fetch and modify that recipe it should be better.

Regards,

do you know why chef's detecting this as solo run? can you share the log. Are you using chef-zero as standalone chef server or via chef-client local mode. If you are using it in standalone mode, you have to upload some fixture data to get going, so that the search results return some value.