[chef] "Users" community cookbook and chef-zero

  • From: Charlie Mordant < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] "Users" community cookbook and chef-zero
  • Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2015 22:33:46 +0200

Hi Bocuse outsiders!

I'm trying to replace most of my homebaked cookbooks with community ones (e.g. official chef ones first).

I'm using chef-zero as my dev env, and trying to replace my 'basicusers' cookbook by the 'users' chef one.

So I added some
"
users_manage "ldapadmin" do
data_bag "dirsrv"
group_name "ldapadmin"
end
​"
Line to fetch my 'dirsrv' databag a 'ldapadmin' databag item (which fortunately​ has the same group).

But the user is not added :(

I get this line in the log:  WARN: This recipe uses search. Chef Solo does not support search unless you install the chef-solo-search cookbook

​But I'm using Vagrant 1.7.2 with chefdk 0.4 (chef 12.2.1), so chef-solo-search should be automatically included​.

Is there a way to circumvent?

Regards

--
Charlie Mordant