[chef] Re: Re: Re: RE: RE: Re: Upgrade Ubuntu from 12.04 to 14.04

  • From: niristotle okram < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: Re: RE: RE: Re: Upgrade Ubuntu from 12.04 to 14.04
  • Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2015 15:31:50 -0700

"Never ever ever do in-place OS upgrades. Ever. This is sysadmin-101 qualification exam level stuff." .. hmmm interesting but haven't came across this in any form.

For  the main question, "I need to upgrade couple of my servers which are deployed through Chef, from Ubuntu 12.04 to 14.04. I have both 12.04 and 14.04 packages on my repository." - i would chef out a test nodes and try upgrading them and see how it goes before i draw any conclusion on what best to do the job. Ubuntu have a neck of upgrade failures in some way or other