[chef] Re: Running an executable with commandline arguments on windows

  • From: Benjamin Micucci < >
  • To: " " < >
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Running an executable with commandline arguments on windows
  • Date: Tue, 5 May 2015 08:50:20 -0400

Sean,

I'm not sure if there's a windows command line argument for idempotency, however within your resource you can add a "not_if file exists" (not the correct syntactic btw) & just check to see if the folder created within Program Files or whatever the default location is for your executable exists. If the folder exists, it won't install again.

Hope this helps,
Ben

Sent from my iPhone