[chef] chef-client cookbook - can I predict the next time chef-client will run automatically?

  • From: Fabien Delpierre < >
  • To: chef < >
  • Subject: [chef] chef-client cookbook - can I predict the next time chef-client will run automatically?
  • Date: Tue, 5 May 2015 09:18:57 -0400

Hi folks,
I'm using the chef-client cookbook to manage a chef-client daemon that fires off Chef runs at semi regular intervals using the default values (interval = 1800, splay = 300). I was just wondering if there's any way to know ahead of time when the next run will happen.

For example, perhaps when a run occurs, the time until the next run is computed at that moment and stored in a place where I can find it to know how much time remains until the next run.

Thanks!

  • [chef] chef-client cookbook - can I predict the next time chef-client will run automatically?, Fabien Delpierre, 05/05/2015