[chef] Using Chef offline

  • From: Tim Leicy < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Using Chef offline
  • Date: Tue, 19 May 2015 22:18:27 -0400

Does anyone know if there is a way to have chef pre-download cookbook dependencies from remote urls into a "cache".
I have a lot of computers that have no internet access but would like to use chef and community cookbooks to manage them. It is a real pain to manually download the remote files and override the file locations in the cookbooks. I have looked around but really haven't found a good way to manage this, but maybe I missed something. Any suggestions? If there is currently no capability for this, any suggestions on how I should modify chef to incorporate this functionality?

Thanks!
 Tim