[chef] Re: Environment Inheritence

  • From: Ranjib Dey < >
  • To: " " < >
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Environment Inheritence
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2015 13:35:58 -0700

oh btw.. i dont use chef's attribute precedence heavily .. most of the attribute customization are spread across standard default precedence level, (recipe, wrappers, environments, roles ), the deep_merge yaml trick. this allows me to bypass most of the so called role-env, role-recipe etc etc patterns, and eases deduction. I still use the higher precedence levels sporadically (like canary releases, CVE patches etc), more like for surgical cases