[chef] Re: Re: Environment Inheritence

  • From: Douglas Garstang < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: Environment Inheritence
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2015 13:49:11 -0700

Sounds .... complicated.

I don't think I have a complex enough environment to justify that yet. Looking at the attributes precedence docs, it looks like I could set common attributes as default attributes in a role (#4) and then override with a override attribute in an environment (#12). In this situation though, would the two hashes me merged together?

Doug.