[chef] Re: Re: Re: Re: chef-solo apache2 install doesn't enable default site

  • From: Sander van Zoest < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: Re: Re: chef-solo apache2 install doesn't enable default site
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2015 16:01:42 -0700

On Mon, Jun 29, 2015 at 2:10 AM, Joseph Djomeda < " target="_blank"> > wrote:
Hello Guys,

This is getting ridiculous as a simple tutorial is turning into a master level assessment on chef :D . I understood based on @Taylor's explanations and created a virtualhost on my own from the phpapp recipe/templates and soon enough run to this issue : "Apache is running a threaded MPM, but your PHP Module is not compiled to be threadsafe.  You need to recompile PHP. chef apache2 cookbook" . No fully understanding what this means and with a little google I got to understand that I should rather move away from mod_php . So I downloaded the php-fpm cookbook from the community site and replace php dependency from the metadata file and got this following error put on pastee.org

Nos it's looking for libapache2-mod-fastcgi package. What's the chef way of solving problem like this? Add a repository to the apt/source.d/ to cater for this need as I would have done it manually or there is another way?

I think a big part of the challenge is that the apache httpd 2.4 has changed significantly, since those tutorials got written. I think it would be good to do an update on those tutorials that match to the latest version of the apache2 cookbook. As maintainer of the cookbook, I would love to see this, but I simply have not had the time to do this.

We currently do have a test case that installs the prefork MPM with mod_php5, but it is definitely a bit of work to configure. Maybe the best thing to do here would be to create a sample wrapper cookbook (similar to apache2_test) that can be referenced directly.

You can also find us on Gitter if you have any specific questions or have an interest in helping out. https://gitter.im/svanzoest-cookbooks/apache2

-- Sander