[chef] Re: Re: Re: Re: 404 object not found error while running a template file

  • From: Arpana Chandrashekhar < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: Re: Re: 404 object not found error while running a template file
  • Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2015 09:50:31 +0530

Hi Daniel,

Sorry for the delay. The cookbook is not public.sorry,I don't think I would be able to share the snippet of the code.

Regards,
Arpana

On Thu, Jun 25, 2015 at 7:46 PM, Daniel DeLeo < " target="_blank"> > wrote:
Is this cookbook public? Can you share either a github link or the snippet of code that was failing? I’d like to investigate what we can do to make this error message better.

Daniel DeLeo

On Thursday, June 25, 2015 at 5:26 AM, Arpana Chandrashekhar wrote:

> Thanks daniel. I executed in debug mode and found that data bag was not uploaded to the chef server.I uploaded,its working fine now.Appreciate your help.
>
> On Mon, Jun 22, 2015 at 9:09 PM, Daniel DeLeo < "> (mailto: "> )> wrote:
> >

> > On Monday, June 22, 2015 at 4:32 AM, Arpana Chandrashekhar wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I have a cookbook that will update DNS entry.The cookbook is working fine with open-source chef. I'm facing an issue while running the same cookbook against an enterprise chef. I have created a template by name updatedns.sh (http://updatedns.sh) (http://updatedns.sh) where it contains the command that will add the node to the domain and update the DNS entry using dnscmd command-let. This template is failing to create on the node under the path /export/home and the error I'm getting is "Net::HTTPServerException 404 object not found".I even changed the s3_url_ttl value to 3600 on the chef server, but still I'm getting the same error. Also, I'm attaching with screenshot of the error and the template file for reference. Could one of you please suggest me as to how to resolve the issue?
> >

> > Run with `-l debug`, that should show you the URL you are getting the 404 from.
> >
> > --
> > Daniel DeLeo

  • [chef] Re: Re: Re: Re: 404 object not found error while running a template file, Arpana Chandrashekhar, 07/02/2015